Thursday, June 3, 2010

We Can All Be Writers


Earlier in the year, my youngest son, Major, was honored with the Young Author's Award for Outstanding Writing in creating, writing, and illustrating is own book called The King and the Missing Queen. I am amazed at the stories he has written this year. To give you a taste of his work, I'd like to share with you his new poem:


SPRING
Hello Spring you look like it is a new world.
Hello Spring you feel like warm air.
Hello Spring you smell like flowers.
Hello Spring, you taste like the sun.
Hello Spring, you sound like birds in the air.
Spring is the playful season.
Spring is the swimming season.
You are the season that I love.
You are pretty.
Sun, you're the one who shines.
Blue is the sky.
Spring, you are greater than the other seasons.
I'll see you later, my friend.

Major Martin
8 years old
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment