My cousin, Julia, has created the most beautiful blog .... one that lead me to take a deeper look inside myself and realize I'm slowly loosing site of the desires of my heart. As a wife and mother, it is easy to become consumed in making sure life runs smoothly (as much as possible) for the other bodies in my home. In doing so, the desires of my heart have to be set aside for a while, which is fine, but sometimes "a while" becomes "so long" and they are soon forgotten. Julia's blog reminded me of some of those buried dreams, and also my many unfinished projects (almost to the point of an anxiety attack ... ha!), and in turn, is the entire reason for this list. My bucket list seems so short ..... for I know there are things that I've forgotten ..... truly "forgotten"! But, as time ticks on, I will revisit my list, adding to it and - hopefully - in accomplishment, scratch some things off.
- Turn my backyard into a beautiful garden
- Own an English Bulldog
- Visit Tuscany, Venice, and the Castles of Ireland
- Meet Shirley Temple
- Get a tummy tuck
- Take dance lessons
- Finish my kids' scrapbooks and videos
- Become a painter
- Transfer my parent's 8mm films
- Have a personal trainer
- Live in the country
- Own a Bed & Breakfast
- Own a vintage shop
- Visit and take photos of every historical marker in Texas
- Learn to play the harp, and re-learn to play the piano
- Take my children to Nick Hotel, Disney World, Lego Land, and Universal Studios
- Have Uncle Lonnie come for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas
- Restore an old barn with a loft
- Give my time, energy, and love to an overseas mission trip
I am so honored to be an inspiration to your blog. It looks amazing and I cant wait to read more stories. By the way, I love your background. I had a hard time decideing between this one and mine. It was a toughy. Love, love, love.
ReplyDelete